Purpose and Aim
The institute of Formation and Religion Studies is committed to award Scholarship program to poor but deserving students, especially women and men religious, and lay students in Asia-Pacific seeking for education and formation who are committed to the mission Christ in evangelizing presence and witness, works and services for the realization of God’s Reign.
It is aimed to make religious education and formation accessible to religious and lay-mission partners to acquire professional training and be better and effective ministers and authentic witnesses dedicated to serve in their respective society and church.
These scholarships are made available through generous grants made to IFRS in support of scholars’ education and formation. The Institute offers a limited number of scholarship grants for a total of three-year and two inter-semesters to obtain the degree program. These awards are distributed to full-time students for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree program. Awarding of scholarship grant maybe full or partial based on the intellectual capability and availability of funds.
The deadline of application is in June a year prior to intended school year for admission.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Academic Qualification-above average performance (based on school records)
- Poor and deserving applicants
- Endorsement letter from the superior/ congregational leader (for religious only)
- Recommendation from the Parish Priest/ Bishop
- Accomplished Scholarship Application Form
- Birth Certificate
- Transcript of Records (for Filipinos)
- Authenticated School Records with English Translation(for non-Filipinos)
- Passport Information Page (for non-Filipinos)
- VISA and ACR (for non-Filipinos only)
- Certification of Comprehensive study of English from English Language Center
- The applicant fills-up and accomplishes the application form online or may download the form and send a scanned/printed copy along with other required documents to the following address:
SR.JEANNE LUYUN, SFIC
Institute of Formation and Religious Studies
E-mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org
122 N. Domingo Street, cor. St.John Street
1111 Quezon City, Philippines
- Communication regarding the application will be sent within six (6) months to one (1) year after submission for interview by the Scholarship Committee
That grantees will have to go back to their countries of origin and the congregation to serve and to share what they have learned.
- The applicant's counterpart include the following: airfare/transpotation, personal allowance, medical allowance/insuramce, other personal expences (i.e. retreat and recollection), and VISA(renewal).
- The congregation bears the responsibility to give an annual update (assignment/ministry,including pictures) of the grantees thereaftergraduation for five years.
- The institute provides scholarship to a maximum of 5 students per congregation within the span of five(5) years.
- The institute reserves the right to determine the coverage of scholarship in consideration of the available funds and the eligibiliity of the grantee.